Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Year of the "Italian Wedding Tray" Cookbook

As I sit here planning out my day, my week, and my year. I have short term goals, as well as weekly goals, followed by a yearly goal. It is so different from "New Year's Resolutions. I don't do well with those, so I never make them. But what I do try to set are goals.


One of my goals for this year is to finish a cookbook that I started many years ago. My first recipe was my mom's Peanut Butter cookies. That was at 11 years old. That was the same year, I got my first camera. And the two have gone hand in hand all these years. A desire to be the best in photography, and the other to write a cookbook of all the recipes that my mom, grandmothers, aunts, used for the "Italian Wedding Tray".

I promised my dad I would finish the book, that was six years ago. The week before he died, I told him I would. Mourning my loss, I lost track of the process and also loss of time.

So, I will work on finishing this cookbook. I have a connection from a local company that will help me. I will call them this week.

So, Bowl, ingredients, and camera in hand, the journey has begun.

This week, I review the contract for Studio Space in Rohnert Park. If all looks good, I sign papers for a one year lease. February 1, 2010, My shingle will be hung. I am going to have a Grand Opening Celebration! You will all be invited.

No comments:

Post a Comment