Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Road Ahead



End of my first week with many short term goals to reach. Out of all of them, I accomplished one. I made one recipe from the "Cookbook". Nana's Rich Chocolate Brownies. They were wonderful. I was able to bake, correct the recipe, take a picture, and have it all beautiful.
Did I also tell you that my mother in law is now living with us? She is going to be 87 years old. Her name is Frannie, like mine. She has dementia. The challenge of it all. George and I have been alone for over 1 1/2 years, and so there is somewhat of an adjustment. I am glad she is with us. She needs our help. That's what families are all about. Being there for one another.

So, as I journey through this life, I know that we are all in God's hands. He will give us the strength and courage to face each day.

I had her read me the recipe. She felt like she was working with me. She had a job to do, and it made her smile. It made me smile too! But as I write this blog, I have tears in my eyes. There is sunshine in this sadness. One day, she won't remember us. So as I journey with my photography business, my cookbook, and all the other "Things" I am working on, I may go just a little bit slower, so that my Mother in Love, can walk beside me, and be a part of all of this as long as we are together.
"Trust in the Lord, with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path. Lord, I am counting on that!

1 comment:

  1. I like that term "Mother in Love"...thanks for using it!

    ReplyDelete