Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Boo

The month of March, Russell Event Photography kicked off with the American Cancer Society a "Bark for Life" Photo contest. We had seventeen beautiful dogs to photograph.  Our contest on Facebook, was view by  58,000 people!  Crazy!     The twelve winners would be featured in a 2013 Calendar.  It has been a wonderful project giving back to help those in need.  The money stays local in our community to help cancer patients get a ride to their treatment centers, or help with the cost of wigs, or just basic help in general.  For a $15.00 donation to the American Cancer Society, anyone can receive this calendar.  So far  140 calendars flew out the door.  We have approximately only 60 left of this production.    So if you would like one, please contact me.  To ship them, it's $4.00 to cover shipping and handling.  Email me and I will be able to send you all the info you need to get your hands on one of these.
 If you look at the website under pets, you will see some of the photos that will be in the calendar.  Thank you to all the wonderful people and dogs that I have meet.   www.russelleventphotography.com
     We ended with the Bark for Life Celebration in the La Plaza Park in downtown Cotati. With all the vendors and sell from calendars we are just shy of reaching $10,000.   Our photo booth was up and available to take more photos of pets.

Reany
Gus
Steve & Lucy







You may ask me why I am so concerned about the Fight Against Cancer.
 My father- in- law died of lung cancer in 1969.  The knowledge and research then, was not what it is today.    Just in my family alone, this year I have 3 members that have been in treatment for breast cancer, pancreatic cancer, and lymphoma.   I want to see these dear cousins have a chance.  I am excited to say, that my cousin Gina is Cancer Free.  I say thank you to the Lord- and thank you to the research that is available!    I know you have someone  in your family or circle of friends that is facing this giant.     Let's all work together!

If you would like more information about this program go to: www.cancer.org

No comments:

Post a Comment