Thursday, May 12, 2011


Studio Work
Some of you might be thinking, “She’s taking pictures! She likes that. That can’t be work!” Let me tell you how I felt when I got home after 8 hours of “Taking Pictures” (WORK!). I could hardly move! Was it worth it? Yes, Yes, and Yes.

I invited Ray Mabry to join me in photographing three models. It was practice. I had a plan that I mapped out so that we could work with each model, then put them together, and see what the outcome was. Each had a purpose and end result. It resulted in commercial work with the individual shoots, and also a feel of “Wedding Season”. Working on the “Before the Wedding”, and “Afterwards”.


One of the things that I learned from David Ziser was that you have to create an environment of constant learning. You also have to engage with other people in your profession that will push you to look outside the box, grow in knowledge, and be challenged to do better. And, in turn challenge the other person. That was Saturday. I had a great time of trying new things. The three things that I worked on were posing, lighting, and composition. I hope I got it right.


On May 28, 2011, I will be joining forces with a total of five photographers. Setting up the studio with three “Lighting Stations”. We will work inside and outside as well. Planning before the outcome. Very important to see this from start to finish. Weddings are like that for the photographer. You have to create the story line before the click of the shutter. Make a plan, and then work the plan.

I look forward to working at my craft. Some days, I wish I had a Simon Cowell to be honest with me. He can be brutal- but sometimes that is what we need to push us further than we think we can go.

Well, it's wedding week for me! My son Jonathan is getting married to a wonderful girl named Brianna. I have to be on my best behavior with my camera. I have to stay clear of the wedding photographer they hired. She does beautiful work!
I get to be the "Mom with a camera". We are happy to have her in our family!


Blessings to you!
Fran

No comments:

Post a Comment